Hey! We’re getting the hang of this and posting these regularly… let’s see how long it lasts 😉
Today’s Terrific Tip(s) revolve around WHERE/HOW to start with Homesteading
As we were writing this post, this little post came up on Facebook. It originates from Our Simple Homestead
Some things you can easily do… these are things we’ve started with ourselves 🙂
- Start with creating goals. Do you want to be self sustaining? Do you want to go with local only? Do you want to be able to forage? Can? Dehydrate? Raise animals? Hunt? Garden? What do you want to build?
- Start a garden. Big, small, in containers, etc. We believe that everybody has a “green thumb” if they do the research and put in the time and effort! Research your growing season, start small (peas and beans are great starter plants!), keep a diary or a log and be sure to write down things you could improve next year!
- Make “the switch” to cleaner cleaning supplies! Vinegar and water, baking soda and good ol’ elbow grease. There are also some great “greener” alternatives to some of the chemicals we often find in homes!
- Cook. Our crockpot and freezer meals often save our butts when we’re busy… NOTHING beats a good home cooked meal! This is a hard routine to get in to but once you do you can be a kitchen rock star!
- Turn those lights off when you aren’t using them, same with your water!
- Shut down the electronics. Limit your screen time and get outside! 🙂
Find something you connect with and start there. Be the change you want to see in the world!
– L & E